DID I TELL YOU “I LOVE YOU” TODAY?

 

Did I tell you?

Did I remember to tell you, “I love you” today? Did I plant 1000 kisses on your lips, cheeks, forehead, neck and shoulders today? Have I been the husband you deserve, all day? Have I kept you in my heart, thoughts and spirit when you briefly left my side? Do I buy you, (or let you buy), the things that make your heart sing the melody that only my heart can hear? Have I been faithful enough for you to brag about me to your family and friends? Do I perform the duties that a good and faithful husband should and must to keep your head from turning side to side, “looking”? Have I made my indelible spousal mark on you so well that other men can see it, sense it, (without looking at your ring finger)?

When I do say, “I love you”, do you believe in your heart and soul that my words are true and unequivocally heartfelt? Do you hold me one step below God as I do you? Do you include me in your prayers in hopes of keeping your good and faithful husband by your side for all time? Do I make you feel that I keep you in such high esteem and shore you up with my prayers and daily care giving? If you could have it, what more would you ask of me? I know I am stubborn, stoic and sometimes symptomatically intense in my focus on what I enjoy, but can you forgive these trained flaws that have shielded me and sustained me for more than 70 years? Can you love me more than I love you and be satisfied with your cup filled to the brim, rather than overflowing? (Anymore would be a waste, don’t you think?)

Lover, can you reach back in your memory and think of the man I used to be, without comparing him to the man I am today? You and I are on another plane: (we do not fight or fuss, we simply “agree to disagree” and keep on loving each other through the pain)! I knew when I met you a quarter of a century ago, that I had to drop everything, and I do mean everything and everyone to go and get you, and keep you in my life. (If you were not there the day I died, this blog would have been written by a ghostwriter!)

Everyone knows our story by now lover, but am I holding up my end of the bargain? Do I make you feel a million times better than any previous spouse would or even could? Would you take this long and arduous journey with me “Just One More Time”? Which doors would you open or close on our voyage to the here and now? What would you rewrite in our love story? Who would be erased or omitted? Would I still be your leading man? “Don’t answer that, Lover!” Just tell me, “Did I kiss you today?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is she a flower or a weed?

My Personal Influencer!

THE MEASUREMENT OF A MAN